US Customs & Border Protection (CBP), with the help of AgilQuest's OnBoard and Commander BI, recently underwent a tremendous space consolidation at their Washington DC headquarters, housed within the Department of Homeland Security.
A direct result of the White House's "Freeze the Footprint" mandate, CBP began preparing for the transformation by implementing a mobile work policy that continues to have employees work from outside of the office at least two days a week.
CBP's physical transformation took place in two phases.
- Consolidated two floors to one for a reduction of square feet
- Increased the worker to workspace ratio
- Generated hundreds of thousands of dollars in rent savings
- Savings in annual commuting costs
- Consolidated seven floors across three buildings to three floors in one building
- Millions in savings per year in rent and operational costs
- Almost all employees reported improved communication and collaboration
- 102% increase in productivity
Find out more details and how the US CBP was able to achieve these results in the Case Study.